Translate

Monday, April 11, 2016

FAN MAIL!!!





Sending Mail

The BOP encourages inmates to write to family, friends, and other community contacts to maintain these ties during incarceration. Written correspondence is classified as either general or special mail.

General Correspondence

"General correspondence" is opened and inspected by staff for both contraband and content that might threaten the security or good order of the institution.

Special Mail

Special incoming mail that is specially marked as such, can only be opened only in the presence of the inmate. It too will be inspected for physical contraband and the qualification of any enclosures as special mail.
Inmates may also receive certain commercial publications from the community. The BOP permits an inmate to subscribe to or receive publications without prior approval as long as the incoming publication is not detrimental to the security, discipline, or good order of the institution, or facilitate criminal activity.



The following link is for the policy correspondence. Please read if you are going to write a letter to my brother.  https://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/5265_014.pdf


Thank you so much for the patience, ongoing support and staying up to date with the blog when you can. Just know that we both appreciate it and there is so much more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but if things written in letters could conceivably get him into trouble, might it not be a better idea to not give the address out to the entire internet, and instead set up a PO box or something to send to you and then you can pass them on if they seem okay? I guess I just worry that some asshole will deliberately TRY to get him in trouble because they want people in for such offenses to never be let out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty worried about that as well but it was his decision and I have to respect that. And who knows how long it would take for me to read all of them while doing everything that I am doing right now. I am thinking that he wouldn't want to add more to what I am working on now. And if someone does try well I am only hoping that it won't cause too much trouble. We are taking this risk for the fans and for the support that we need. I have honestly been getting more support than anything else. But thank you for your concern.

      Delete